The Wetland Hiking Trail
The Wetland Trail is a 3 hour (+/- 7 kilometers) walk that winds its way through a number of habitats from farmland to fynbos and renosterveld. The walk begins at the Frame House on the farm and then goes up onto the slopes of the Babylonstoren range before descending back again to complete the circle. A steep kloof or two raises the heart rate just enough to warrant a delicious meal and wine tasting at the end. These can be ordered beforehand.
It’s required to check in at the Frame House to sign an indemnity form before your hike.
· Self-guided walk: Tue to Sun 09.00 – 14.00
· Hikers will be guided by signage and receive a bottle of water and map.
· Children must at be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The trail has a Grade 1B rating and requires a fair degree of fitness. It is therefore not recommended for children under 7.
. Safe, convenient parking is available.
· Cost: Adults | R50 per person. Children under 12 | R25 per child.
· Please note: Nature Trail will be closed from July to September and on religious holidays.
· Emergency number: +27(0) 63 083 5571